Voice, Influence and Participation

Getting my Voice Heard

As a Care Leaver your experiences are the best to help us shape the services that you and future Care Leavers need. We want to hear from you about your experiences to help us understand what we can do, as Corporate Parents, to continually develop services.

We want you to feel part of society; and to ensure that you have opportunities to get your voice heard, there are some things we can help you with:

  • Supporting you to enrol on the electoral register, so that you can vote


  • Providing information about groups and activities in your area that are of interest to you


  • Support you to attend Sheffield Children in Care Council or Sheffield Care Leavers Union. These are independent groups supporting the voice of Care Leavers in the city, you can contact your Personal Advisor for more information on these groups.


  • Support or guidance to access an Independent Advocate who will support you to get your voice heard

“My Personal Advisor had faith and belief in me and supported me through difficult times”

You can contact us with feedback, good or bad, at:

Leaving Care Service, Sharrow Community Forum, Old Junior School, South View Road, Sheffield, S7 1DB

Email: LeavingCareServiceContact@sheffield.gov.uk

Telephone: 0114 203 9060

There is always a duty worker available to talk to you on the above number 8:45am to 5:15pm Monday to Thursday and 8:45am to 4:45pm on Friday or in person at Sharrow, if your allocated worker is unavailable through annual leave or sickness absence, or if you do not have an allocated worker and require support from the Leaving Care Service through the duty service.

Last updated: