Where to go to get advice and information

Citizens Advice Sheffield offers a range of free advice services to help you find a way forward, whatever the problem. They provide independent advice on consumer rights, debt, energy affordability, employment, family matters, housing and homelessness, immigration, welfare benefits and tax credits. They may offer you formal representation at a court hearing or tribunal and provide an Advocacy Service for people who cannot speak up for themselves.

Citizens Advice Sheffield.

Citizens Advice Sheffield: Advocacy Services.

Advice Line: 0808 278 7820.

They also provide a Pension Wise Guidance Service. A free and impartial government service about your defined contribution pension options.

Citizens Advice Sheffield: Pension Wise.

Their website also has a wide range of self-help information.

Citizens Advice Sheffield: Help yourself.

Sheffield Law Centre is also part of Citizens Advice Sheffield and delivers specialist legal services.

There are also a range of specialist information and advice services in the city including:

It doesn’t matter whether you’re looking for information or advice for yourself or for a person you care for, contact any of the services above, who will be happy to help you.

There is also advice and information for:

If you're looking for information and advice on a housing issue, look in our Housing section.

If you're looking for information and advice on a health issue, look in our Health section.


View all services on the directory that provide information and advice.

Also advice for: Carers, HealthHousingCareers, Money.


There are a range of services which give money advice in the Money and Legal section of the directory.

Money and Legal.

This includes organisations that can help you with:

  • the cost of living crisis
  • claiming and maximising benefits
  • debt
  • setting up a bank account when you've been refused elsewhere
  • borrowing money when you've been refused elsewhere
  • scams
  • and much more.

There are also some really useful websites which provide great money advice and information:

MoneyHelper brings together the support and services of three government-backed financial guidance providers: the Money Advice Service, the Pensions Advisory Service and Pension Wise. You can also get free, confidential help by chatting to an advisor online or ringing their helpline on 0800 138 7777.

There are several websites which can help you find a trusted trader, including:


TrustMark , a government backed website.

Sheffield Trading Standards are responsible for the enforcement of laws controlling the accuracy, description, price, quality, quantity, and safety of goods and services.

Sheffield City Council: Sheffield Trading Standards.

Citizens Advice run a consumer helpline.

Citizens Advice: Contact the consumer helpline.

Call: 0808 223 1133.

Last updated: