Housing advice

If you need some housing or homeless advice you have options about where you go for help.

If you’re a council tenant you can talk to your local housing office. You can call in to your local office or ring them.

Sheffield City Council: neighbourhood offices.
Call: 0114 293 0000.

Or you could call in to the council's First Point.

They are all happy to help you with things like:

  • rent arrears
  • repairs
  • anti-social behaviour
  • if you’re struggling to deal with your tenancy or paying your rent
  • if you’re struggling to remain independent at home.

If you’re a Housing Association tenant, your Housing Association will be able to help you with any housing issues you may have.

If you need some independent housing advice you can contact organisations like Shelter or Citizens Advice Sheffield.


Citizens Advice Sheffield.

If you’re homeless, or at risk of homelessness you can talk with the Housing Solutions team.

Sheffield City Council: Housing Solutions.

If you're sleeping rough or are concerned about someone who's sleeping rough, contact the Street Outreach Team run by Framework Housing Associaton.

Framework Housing Association.


View all services on the directory for that provide housing advice.

Last updated: