You can rent a property from a:

  • Private landlord
  • Social housing landlord such as the council or a housing association

5 cartoon figures of people of different ethnic origins.  one is in a wheelchair, one is wearing glasses

Private renting

You can rent a private property in Sheffield.

You can find properties to rent through:

  • local estate agents
  • checking websites such as Zoopla and Rightmove
  • checking notice boards in local shops and supermarkets

Private renting advice

Sheffield City Council gives advice about:

  • Your rights when renting a home
  • How to report problems to your landlord
  • What fees landlords and agents can charge

Social housing

Last updated: